Famous Women in History
- Played a huge part for France during the 100 years war. Joan of Arc
- Founded the Red Cross. Clara Barton
- Egyptian Pharoah was killed by a Cobra bite. Cleopatra
- First American women in space. Sally Ride
- Her actions spurred on the Montgomery Bus boycott. Rosa Parks
- You could say she was the main conductor of the underground railroad. Harriet Tubman
- First female to fly solo across the Atlantic. Amelia Earhart
- Played arguably the biggest role in Women’s suffrage and because of that is on US Currency. Susan B Anthony
- Helped guide Lewis and Clark which paved the way for the Louisiana purchase. Sakagawea
- This intern almost took down the only Clinton president. Monica Lewinsky
TIE BREAKER. What would the combined age of Sacagawea, Sally Ride, Amelia Earhart and Clara Barton be if they were still alive today? 606. Sacagawea (228) Sally Ride (65) Amelia Earhart (119) and Clara Barton (194)
Who Is It?
- Marilyn Monroe, Jelly Donut, Cuba. John F Kennedy
- My American Cousin, Sic Semper Terranous, Broken Leg. John Wilkes Booth
- Global Warming, Hanging Chad, The Internet. Al Gore
- Steve Jobs, Jonah Hill, Apple. Steve Wozniak
- Rookie of the Year, Dodgers, Chock Full of Nuts. Jackie Robinson
- Shaved Head, School Girl, Mickey Mouse. Brittany Spears
- Chunky Soup, Puke, Boo. Donovan McNabb
- Bifocals, Fire department, Newspaper. Ben Franklin
- Oprah’s couch, Scientology, Demands to see money. Tom Cruise
- Cincinnati, Martyr, Bad parenting Harambe
TIE BREAKER: How many career HRs did Jackie Robinson have? 147
Which Founding Father
- Which founding father died on July 4th? Thomas Jefferson
- Had his famous “give me liberty or give me death” speech during his opposition to the stamp act of 1765? Patrick Henry
- Was the second president of the United States? John Adams
- Born in Boston in 1722 he is best known for beer rather than being a founding father. Samuel Adams
- Legend has it he signed his name so large on the declaration of independence because he wanted king George to be able to see it without putting on his glasses. John Hankcook
- Wanted the national bird to be a turkey. His other ideas were pretty good though, like bifocals, and the fire department. Ben Franklin
- He was the first secretary of the treasury, set up the nations first financial system. Such acts landed him on US Currency. Alexander Hamilton
- You can go visit this founding father at his final resting place in Mount Vernon Virgina. George Washington
- He wrote the declaration of independence in a bar. Thomas Jefferson
- As the fourth president he supervised the Louisiana purchase. Hes also got a university named after him in Harisburg Virgina. James Madison
TIE BREAKER: What year did the Thomas Jefferson $2 bill begin getting printed? 1862
American Citizenship Test
- Where does Congress meet? Capitol in Washington DC
- Who becomes President if the President and Vice President die? Speaker of the house of representatives
- What country did we fight during the revolutionary war? England
- Can the constitution be changed? Yes
- How many times may a senator be reelected? There is no limit
- What are the two major political parties in the US Today? Republicans Democrats
- What did the emancipation proclamation do? Outlawed slavery
- Who selects the supreme court justices? The President
- Name three rights or freedoms guaranteed by the bill of rights (1 point for each).
- The right of freedom of speech, press, religion, peaceable assembly and requesting change of government.
- The right to bear arms (the right to have weapons or own a gun, though subject to certain regulations).
- The government may not quarter, or house, soldiers in the people’s homes during peacetime without the people’s consent.
- The government may not search or take a person’s property without a warrant.
- A person may not be tried twice for the same crime and does not have to testify against him/herself.
- A person charged with a crime still has some rights, such as the right to a trial and to have a lawyer.
- The right to trial by jury in most cases.
- Protects people against excessive or unreasonable fines or cruel and unusual punishment.
- The people have rights other than those mentioned in the Constitution.
- Any power not given to the federal government by the Constitution is a power of either the states or the people.
- What are the colors of the American Flag? Red White & Blue
TIE BREAKER: how many people became US Citizens in 2010? 675,967